- Go to the Tools menu.
- Click Message Rules, then
click Mail if you're using Outlook Express
or click on Rules
and Alerts if you're using Microsoft
- In Outlook Express the Message Rules Window will appear, and if you haven't made a message rule before, the New
Mail Rule Window will automatically pop up.
(If it doesn't, click New)
- In the Conditions section, select Where the subject line
contains specific words.
- In the Actions section, select Move
it to the specified folder.
- In the Rule Description section, click contains specific
words. A Type Specific Words box will pop up.
Put in the word [SPAM]
(with the brackets), click Add
- Now click on the specified link to tell it where to move
the e-mails to.
- Click on New Folder, type in a folder name such as Spam
or Junk Mail.
- Click OK to close the New Folder Window, OK to
close the Move
Window, and OK to close the New
Mail Rule Window.
A filter set up
as described above will automatically take your spam and put
it in the Spam folder. You can modify your rules to
suit your needs. For instance, you can also filter mail based
on the sender's address, or other criteria by adding new rules.